Sierra College Information Technology can train to your networking needs from foundational skills to advanced applications.
- Computer Network Fundamentals – Introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks. The principles and structure of IP (Internet Protocol) addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations are introduced to provide a foundation for further study of computer networks. Uses OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) and TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) layered models to examine the nature and roles of protocols and services at the application, network, data link, and physical layers.
- Scaling Networks – Scaling Networks covers the architecture, components, and operations of routers and switches in larger and more complex networks. Students learn how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality.
Contact us so we can discuss your needs and custom design training for you. Sierra College Training & Development will work with you to:
- Conduct needs assessment and discuss goals
- Focus on the course topics most needed for your employees
- Determine the number of hours that would be most effective
- Include examples from your business or industry
- Offer the class at your worksite or in the college lab
- Select the most convenient time and days of the week or weekend
- Introduce our industry qualified instructors who engage adult learners
- Explore the possibility of CA State ETP funding to subsidize training
We’ll customize a course for you. Get in touch today.