Sierra College Information Technology can train to your computer application needs from basic Microsoft Office skills to more advanced, expert level skills.
- Applying Computer Software – An overview of business and academic use of common office application software for word processing, spreadsheets, charting data, databases, and presentations. Use current operating system software, manage files, use online tools, transmit files via the Internet. Common computer hardware and software system concepts; impact of computers on society, networks, and security.
- Word Processing – Beyond the Basics – Advanced word processing techniques, including styles and outlines, generating form letters, mailing labels and envelopes using mail merge, working with master documents, indexes and tables of content, creating reports using wizards and templates, applying macros, integrating software, and creating web pages and online forms.
- Spreadsheets in a Business Environment – Design and use of “what-if” analysis, static and dynamic web pages, financial functions, data and lookup tables, and amortization schedules and templates. Includes working with multiple worksheets and workbooks, analyzing worksheet results, sorting and querying a worksheet database, using macros, and integrating software.
- Creating Business Graphics with Microsoft Publisher – Designed to assist the office professional in utilizing Microsoft Publisher to create high-quality desktop publishing documents. Learning activities include preparation of a flyer, newsletter, logo, CD liner, business card, tri-fold brochure, calendar, catalog, event program, coupon, and certificate.
- Microsoft Outlook – Managing Information – Includes managing email folders; sending, receiving, forwarding email messages; using “netiquette” and distribution lists; scheduling appointments, meetings, events; creating contacts, address books and calendars; tracking tasks; setting reminders; sharing information, and publishing schedules via the web.
- Database Management – Discover the intricacies of relational databases using the current version of Microsoft Access. Includes designing database structures: tables, queries, forms, reports, and macros. Also includes integrating with the Web, Excel, and other programs. Emphasis on hands-on learning.
Contact us so we can discuss your needs and custom design training for you. Sierra College Training & Development will work with you to:
- Conduct needs assessment and discuss goals
- Focus on the course topics most needed for your employees
- Determine the number of hours that would be most effective
- Include examples from your business or industry
- Offer the class at your worksite or in the college lab
- Select the most convenient time and days of the week or weekend
- Introduce our industry qualified instructors who engage adult learners
- Explore the possibility of CA State ETP funding to subsidize training
We’ll customize a course for you. Get in touch today.