The Sierra College Cyber Defense Center’s (CDC) mission is to prepare students to meet the ever-increasing demand for cybersecurity professionals to keep our businesses and country safe. The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security have designated Sierra College as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) through academic year 2024.
- Introduction to Information Systems Security – Introduction to the fundamental principles and topics of Information Technology Security and Risk Management at the organizational level. Addresses hardware, software, processes, communications, applications, and policies and procedures with respect to organizational Cybersecurity and Risk Management.
- Implementing Network Security and Firewalls – Firewalls are one of the primary tools used to prevent unauthorized access to corporate networks. Students will learn how to design and configure firewalls to allow access to key services while maintaining an organization’s security, as well as how to implement firewall-to-firewall Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Ethical Hacking – Immerses IT Professionals in hands-on intensive environment providing in-depth knowledge and experience with current essential security systems. Provides understanding of perimeter defenses and leads to scanning and attacking networks; no real networks are harmed. Students learn how intruders escalate privileges and the steps required to secure a system. Also covers Intrusion Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, DDoS Attacks, Buffer Overflows, and Virtual Creation. Focus includes legal and regulatory requirements, ethical issues, basic methodology, and technical tools used for ethical hacking and penetration tests. Students establish a pre-test agreement with the enterprise, discover and exploit vulnerabilities, participate as a member of a pen test team, and prepare a penetration test report.
- Principles of Cybersecurity Analysis – Focuses on the critical knowledge and skills required to prevent, detect, and combat cybersecurity threats; includes the application of behavioral analytics to improve the overall state of IT security.
Database Management – Learn design strategies for relational databases using the current version of Microsoft Access. Includes how to find the relationships in the data and build tables, queries, forms, reports, and macros with performance in mind. Also includes integrating with the Web, Excel, and other programs. Emphasis on hands-on learning.
Contact us so we can discuss your needs and custom design training for you. Sierra College Training & Development will work with you to:
- Conduct needs assessment and discuss goals
- Focus on the course topics most needed for your employees
- Determine the number of hours that would be most effective
- Include examples from your business or industry
- Offer the class at your worksite or in the college lab
- Select the most convenient time and days of the week or weekend
- Introduce our industry qualified instructors who engage adult learners
- Explore the possibility of CA State ETP funding to subsidize training
We’ll customize a course for you. Get in touch today.