Becoming a Lean Enterprise is not an isolated event. To succeed, you must make sure that your vendors and suppliers understand your needs and are prepared to support a different way of doing business. As a Lean Enterprise, you will now need business partners who understand how you operate and support your new Lean Approach.
Sierra College Training is offering a series of Supply Chain Management courses which can also be used as a review to prepare for the APICS CPIM certification test. For classes and dates, go to http://www.sierracollegetraining.com/events.php
• Explain the potential problems of poor supply chain management
• Explore alternative ideas and relationships
• Show through a simulation the need for good vendor commitment
• Demonstrate how improvement of product flow can affect transaction volume
• Develop a plan to qualify and negotiate with Vendors
This course will help participants think about vendors and procurement in a different way and give them new concepts they will need to begin to implement change.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the potential issues of procurement in a Lean environment
• Identify potential solutions to reduce transactions
• Understand the concept of Kan Ban
• Recognize the need for low inventories
• Realize the impact of excessive inventory
• Understand the value of vendor managed inventory
A. Introduction to supply chain management and logistics
B. Lean and the supply chain
C. Supply chain flows
D. Supply chain variables
E. Push-pull phenomenon
F. Trade off curves
G. Bull whip effect
H. Metrics for supply chain management
Based on your needs, we can tailor this training to fit your specific industry, audience, and schedule. Email or call Sierra College Training & Development for more information at: 916-660-7801 or email.