Traditional manufacturing operating principles are not designed for today’s fast moving manufacturing and service marketplace. To continue to prosper or survive you have to be able to respond quickly with excellent quality and competitive pricing. Traditional manufacturing and its service industries cannot respond to these needs without having costly inventories or outrageous transportation costs which will drain cash from the company and put the organization at risk.
• Explain the issues of old fashioned business “Push vs. Pull”
• Demonstrate alternative ideas
• Explain the tools of a Lean Enterprise
• Develop a plan to implement a Lean Enterprise
• Show through a simulation the benefits of Lean
• Show you how to design a “Customer Pull” driven business
This course will help participants think about business in a different way and give them new concepts they will need to begin to implement change.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
• Recognize the difference between Pull and Push systems
• Identify the seven wastes in a business
• Understand the concept of Kan Ban
• Recognize the need for standardized work
• Realize the impact of excessive inventory
• Understand the value of Value Stream Mapping
A. Introduction to the modern marketplace:
B. Challenges of the 21st century:
C. Benefits of Lean Enterprises:
D. Understanding Value:
E. Identifying waste:
F. What is a Value Stream:
G. Importance of Workplace organization:
H. Steps to becoming Lean
Based on your needs, we can tailor this training to fit your specific industry, audience, and schedule. Email or call Sierra College Training & Development for more information at: 916-660-7801 or email.